The NAGS (National Auto Glass Specifications) number is a unique number that identifies the specific type of windshield used on your vehicle.
HGP uses this number as part of the identification process to help ensure you purchase the correct windshield.
The NAGS number is contained within the "bug": text that is on your windshield that shows the manufacturer and several codes specific to your windshield.
The location varies, but usually is found at the bottom of the windshield.
Here is an example:
The frit is a black enamel band that is baked into the edges of the windshield glass.
The purpose of the frit is to provide an etched surface that allows adhesive to bond to the glass. When a manufacturer installs a new windshield the glass is bonded to the vehicle with the frit as the contact point between the glass and the frame.
Thick outer layer of glass providing protection against the elements.
- Blocks 99.9% of sun’s harmful UV rays
- Reducing the solar energy entering the car
- Preventing the rise of interior temperatures
- Reducing the load on the air-conditioning, thereby reducing fuel consumption
- Reducing cool-down time after sun-soaked conditions
- Reducing skin irritation caused by sunlight
- Blunt & Sharp Impact resistant
- Reduce breakage
Clear plastic layer that is sandwiched between Soda-Lime Glass and Gorilla Glass. The glass and the PVB are sealed by a series of pressure rollers and then heated. This combination of pressure and heat chemically and mechanically bonds the PVB to the glass.
- Improves Acoustic Properties
- Absorbs energy during point impact and distributes across windshield
- Provides glass resistance to penetration from Flying projectiles
Jeep® Wrangler (JK)
Porsche 911 GT3RS
- McLaren 720S
Gorilla Glass can flex upon impact. This flexure helps the thinner laminate absorb different impact events from sharp and blunt objects. Read more about the benefits of Gorilla Glass for Automotive here:
All our Windshields have been tested to comply and work to Lane Departure Warning Systems and collision warning systems. If you would like to know more about this, please reference glass bytes here!
We are priced higher because we believe to offer a superior premium product. With traits like greater optical clarity, increased durability, and a lighter product and a two-year unlimited mile warranty, we believe our product is an upgrade over OEM.